Since the inception of Sprucegrove, we have remained fully independent and wholly owned by our employees.
Over the history of the firm, we have focused on a limited number of clients to ensure the highest quality of service and we remain committed to controlling our growth.
Our objective is to provide our clients with above average investment performance and superior service over the long term. At Sprucegrove we emphasize the importance of our independent in-depth research and have remained steadfast on employing the same disciplined bottom-up value investment approach since the firm was founded.
Our Core Values are ingrained in our culture.
- Trust is the foundation of our team.
- We strive to act with honesty and integrity in all of our dealings to build strong relationships and our reputation. We also aim to continually meet or exceed the high ethical standards expected of us.
- We care about our people and show respect for each other by being supportive and responsive.
- We behave as owners – always placing the client and firm’s interests ahead of personal gains.
- We lead by example.
- We value loyalty – to Sprucegrove, our colleagues and clients.
- We are hardworking but not at the expense of our health and families. We promote a work/life balance.
- We act with humility and keep a low profile.
These values shape our culture.